Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My new Theme song

Most folks look forward to going to bed and waking up to a brand new full of promise, at least I used to do that!

That isn't how it is anymore. I dread going to bed because when I wake up and try to move I sing a song to myself "I'm Loosing it". Yea, I do that instead of feeling sorry for myself. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated beyond comprehension, the people I feel sorry for are Lisa and Larry.

Let me tell you what works now. I can see, but that is going, I have cataracts, my right hand works good enough for me to type and wipe myself after using the bathroom, but that is about all, strength is going fast. I can still walk, slowly, not to steady. I can still lift my legs. Hallelujah!

The odd thing happening now is that I'm BORED!! Yep, I am an "A" type of personality with a bit of hyper-activeness in me. So, what can I do now? watch TV or movies and work at being a couch potato, boss others around, when they can understand me. I can still sort the laundry if someone else right sides the clothes first and I can ride in the car. I can still read scriptures and pray. I can get in and out of the car by myself, but I have a hard time doing up the seat belt. I can walk in the store but not push a cart, I can ride on the electric carts in the stores, but I sometimes run into things. And I almost forgot, I can still climb stairs!

Well, thats about all for now, I hope I didn't depress you, that is not my intent, I am just trying to keep every one on the same page. Thank all of you sweet people for your kind thoughts and cards, They really do brighten my otherwise boring day!

5 comments:

  1. Dont you ever say you feel sorry for me!

    I mean it - NEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you word it a little differently, perhaps what you are really saying every morning is "Hello world, I'm still here!" I have to tell you that I am so grateful that we bumped in to each other on that airport shuttle in Kansas City a few years ago. Not only because you talked me in to joining SoCal APG, but because if it had not been for that little serendipity, I would not have gotten to know you, and had my life so enriched by our friendship. Your spirit and strength are examples to us all.
    With love,
    Pat Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to stay positive mom. Still trying to work hard, despite our pleadings. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of you often!! I hope tomorrow is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the people to have to deal with immobility I always knew it would be the toughest for someone like you! It was great to see you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete