Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Visiting Teachers

I have to say a word about those unsung heroines of the Church I belong to called "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" otherwise called Mormons.

Every woman in our Church has a Visiting Teacher or sometimes two. These woman visit at least every sister in our Ward boundaries. I have been blessed by some wonderful women as visiting teachers in my life. I joined the Church when I was 18 and never regretted it.

Today, I have a visiting teacher who is an angel, just like the one before her. Her name is Sherry and she unconditionally takes care of me. She makes sure we have meals brought in on Sundays and Wednesdays. She comes over to my house on Sunday morning to help me dress and get ready for Church because my dear husband is the Bishop of our ward and has early morning meetings. She drives me when Larry can't. She takes me shopping. She schedules ladies to come in on certain days that I choose to help me with the projects I still need to finish.

My last visiting teacher is a working lady and can't serve me like I need, so they changed visiting teachers on me, but, before she left she gave me and Larry a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant.

I believe Visiting Teaching is an inspired concept. I was a visiting teacher for years until I got to sick to serve others. It makes me sad that I can't be of service to my fellow men anymore. I guess its time to be humble and accept my new roll. Bless all the Visiting Teachers who do so much good in this world. They visit the lonely ever month, take care of the sick and cheer up the women of our church like angles do!

2 comments:

  1. I love the VT program too! It's blessed my life so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love Visiting Teaching. I know some who don't care for it. To them I say bah! It is definitely inspired and I have made so many wonderful friends through it. I am so glad you have such a great VT who is taking care of you.

    ReplyDelete