Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving one and all

Yes, its Thankgiving and for the last 4 years most of our entire family has participated in a Thanksgiving Run/Walk to benefit the homeless in Palm Springs.

This year my children and their families were there as well as my sister and her kids and families. Last year was my best time of 50:12 minutes walking. This year I am being wheeled and you can see me, my sister, Pam and my nephew, Peter haming it up on the scene. That is my son Brian and husband in the background, it was a lot of fun, even though I didn't walk!
Thanksgiving was a real family gathering this year! We rented the house right next door to Pam and we put Brian & Kate with their 3 kids, Lisa & John with their 3 kids and Mark and Lisa with Kamden in that house. It also meant a second kitchen, a second refridgetor, a second double oven and sink! We had breakfast and lunch over there, while we had dinner in the main house. Kelly Rogers took charge of being our vacation planner and she did a rockin' job! Brian and Ashlynn were in charge of decorating the kids table, they had a tablecloth the kids could color on and the place holders had each childs photo on it! Kate was in charge of decorating the adult table and it was elegant! Each family had different assignments and it worked out fine.
We watched movies, played Bunco and swam, in all it was a really great time for me. Thanks to all who made those 4 days so fun and memorable.
To top it all off, my dearest friend in the world, Jenny Fernandez came with her husband, Benny to see me! I think I will now die a really happy, satisfyed lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment