Thursday, January 13, 2011

El Dorado Vocal Ensamble

With the busy holidays I never finished writing about our Christmas Eve other than the sled in the sky. There were other cool surprises too! My cousin Kelly gave my Mom a present and inside were jingle bells. She told my Mom she had to shake them for her surprise and when she did the El Dorado Vocal Ensemble stared singing Jingle Bells and came down to carol for my Mom.


I expected them to be good...but I was blown away!
The harmony and blending of their voices was breathtaking!


And there were only 6 of them! They were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
We were transfixed and my Mom especially enjoyed every minute of it!


Taryn is a young woman from our Ward and is a part of the group. It was really neat to have her there to participate.


And when they sang Away in a Manger....
Its hard to describe. It was so beautiful and combined with the words, there was a serene feeling of reverence...

Sleep in Heavenly Peace.
Sleep in Heavenly Peace.

Thank you so much for taking the time to bring such a sweet tone to our Christmas Eve!
You are truly stunning!

2 comments:

  1. Taryn Downey is in vocal ensemble? WOW! Isn't it amazing how talented that group is? Mr. Peterson does amazing things with their voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline--I just wanted to say hi and to let you know that I read your blog every day. I have always appreciated you and your family--just fond, fond memories. We pray for you and your family each night. We're in Kansas City for a year while my husband does a fellowship in microvascular surgery (don't ask :) Yes, we are too old to be doing things like this, but we are more than halfway through now. Our youngest is on a mission and our other three are graduated from college and married. Your family is beautiful--they're all grown up from when I remember them. Just wanted to bring you a little sunshine today (from my 12 degree world here in KC). :) Love you, love you...Kathy Furin

    ReplyDelete