Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cruising

Here she is cruising around and giving Davis a ride in her new chair :




The van is all retrofitted to hold her new chair and the passenger seat replaced with one that turns out and down so she can transfer easily and comfortably.









She does great driving her chair around especially since they are so touchy. We had a funny experience Target when she tried one of their electric chairs. We think those might be designed more for people who are obese because they make the handle so far out in front its hard to reach. She had to lean way forward to even reach the handles and since her arm is so weak she couldn't keep it up and especially turn. Davis hopped on her lap and drove her all over Target.

6 comments:

  1. NICE! I need a chair AND a retrofitted van! Looks comfy!

    Love you Caroline... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they could retrofit already owned vans!That's so cool!

    And I'm tickled at the idea of Davis driving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, missed you today at church, but I heard you got to relax at home & rest. My dad's favorite day of the week was Sunday, in fact he passed away on a Sunday. He felt clostest to the Savior on Sundays & was strengthened by this day of rest. I'm sure you feel the same way today. I pray for your continued strength, courage, and peace throughout all of this, you have been a constant in our family prayers! I'll keep checking back! May the Holy Ghost comfort & brighten your day on this lovely Sabbath!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline...
    You don't know me well but I am in your ward and have followed your blog and watched your progression in your latest life journey.
    As difficult as it is to read sometimes, I always smile at the pictures. I love the picture of you and your grandson, Davis. I have a son that is 21 and his name is Davis, as well! How funny is that?
    I also wanted you to know that I enjoyed reading the letter from your son-in-law. How sweet it was! I, too, had a difficult childhood and was raised by my grandmother. How blessed we have been to have those wonderful women in our lives, that they could offer us a chance to be the "stong link" in our chain of life!
    Thank you for sharing your touching story with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Julie Kaline

    ReplyDelete
  5. That van is so awesome! Totally cool. That chair looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am Sarie's mom. I think that no matter what we face, children view our struggles as lovely adventures. Thank you for sharing this blog with all of us.I look forward to reading adn following your journey. You are truly a remarkable person. Mary Medley

    ReplyDelete