Wednesday, October 27, 2010

what still works!

I am defineatly feeling weaker, Although my right hand still works well, and my legs are getting me around good, my core balance is getting weak. We all take "getting out of bed" for granted, but I don't anymore! With only my right arm working, its hard to turn over, or fix the bedcovers, and going from a lying position to a sitting position takes core muscles of your abdoman, mine doesn't work so well anymore.

My swallowing is holding its own, but Larry worries about my pills. The big ones are hard to swallow and he worries about me aspirating, so, now he grinds the big pills and I get to take it with chocolate soy pudding. You heard right, Larry bought soy pudding! He thought it read Soup Plantation in stead of Soy Pudding. I ask him what he was thinking and he really told me he thought it said Soup Plantation! I've got to get that man glasses for his 63rd Birthday, which happens to be today. Happy birthday sweetheart, I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Tell Larry Happy Birthday from Logan and I!! Your positive attitude is so inspiring to me. I feel so whiny about the most mundane things when I read your blog! I want to be much more like you, Caroline. You are such a wonderful example to me in so many ways. I love you so much, and I know Logan loves you too! Thank you for being such a wonderful aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most important things are sill working and that's what matters to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soy pudding. Can't even imagine how that tastes. You need a new rule that dad has to eat everything you do, or everything that he buys at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just saw this on TV and thought of you and Lisa's plan to buy future Christmas presents. They're books that you can record your voice into so it's like you're reading to them.

    http://www.hallmark.com/online/in-stores/recordable-storybooks/

    ReplyDelete