Sunday, September 19, 2010

Noticing little things with ALS

When you first learn you have ALS it leaves you feeling numb. It took a while for me to cry about it. This last week my daughter and her family came home from Utah to help me get my own genealogy, which is scattered in various places around the house, organized. She decided to do this for her own peace of mind and mine too. So now our living room has turned into a mess with file boxes and books, papers and photo's.

While she was here she planned a surprise trip to Disneyland. It was the best day of my life. If you would like to read see the next post.

I have the Bulbar kind of ALS, more aggressive and attacks the speech first. The Dr. gave me some pills that help with Myasthenia Gravis, in that it helps the nerves fire a bit more. I think they have helped my speech not be slurred so much. I am also taking Alka Seltzer cold medicine to help dry up my sinus.

Today I woke up and realized that even my right hand is slightly weaker. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

2 comments:

  1. Its hard to come home. I would much rather be there with you right now. Get to work on that genealogy so I can start helping again! Love you and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, nothing brings more joy than family. We love you!

    ReplyDelete