Monday, September 27, 2010

Medical update

Today has been an amazing day- my sinus isn't running non-stop! I only used 2 tissues all day! I also had my chest CT Scan today, we get the results tomorrow. I will let you know the results ASAP. They really don't expect to see anything, they are still ruling out other possibilities, this is just in case there is a tumor somewhere.

My left hand continues to deteriorate, but no complaints from me, I'm right handed. And now that I have my blow dryer bunge corded to my pull out mirror, I can still do my own hair!

I still have 2 tests to go, 1 is a Sinus CT Scan and the other is a Berrium Swallow test.

We still have not heard if I have the SOD1 kind of ALS. That's what they think I have, it is the familial kind and supposedly very aggressive, but the pills Rylotek and Pyridostgim have seemed to slow down my disease, at least I had A great day, of course any day without snot would be a down right joy!

4 comments:

  1. A blow dryer with a bungee cord...only you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Rober,
    This is Erin (Easton) Allan. Court sent me your blog. I just want to let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am amazed by your Faith and Strength! You are amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cheers for having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray on the great day! I send my love your way and think of you daily. I pray for your suffering to be lessened. I pray also for a miracle. If I can do anything for you let me know. Sister Catherine Dilley

    ReplyDelete