Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Unfortunately...

This is a sad and emotional post to have to write and my Mom has tried to push this milestone off as much as she can. In fact its a little bit of our intervention that has initiated it, because my Mom loves people so much that she might not ever get to the point to take this next step.

Unfortunately, the time has come that even though she loves visitors, it takes to much out of her to have visitors coming to the house. Even short visits seem to drain her since she cant help but want to talk and express herself. And you know my Mom, she cant but express herself in her animated and energetic way :)

I know that many of you have not had the chance to come visit with her yet and for that we are truly sorry, this disease has not relented in its pace and none of us ever expected this to come so quickly. We are so grateful for this blog because this is where she will continue to write her messages and love to each of you.

She adores cards, messages on facebook, and comments here on her blog are a great way to "stop by" and visit with her. No really - she LOVES comments! If you need our address for a card you may contact Lisa at johnlisa02(at)gmail(dot)com and I will send you our address.

We can not express our gratitude for the love and support you have all given her and wish we could individually let you all know what an impact you have had on her life. Please know that she wishes with all of her heart to sit with each of you and tell you that herself.

Thank you so much for your understanding and consideration.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sister Rober,

    Please excuse me for inserting myself into your blog.I was thinking of you and I wanted you to know how much I love you. Your strength is inspiring! Merry Christmas!

    Love,
    shaleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caroline,

    We love you so much...and miss you from afar. Knowing you are surrounded by Larry, Lisa and boys, and soon John and Caleb, Mark & Lisa and Camden, and Brian, Kate and family for a very special Christmas brings a beautiful image of peace and love.

    Thank you for shining such a powerful and inspiring light upon us all. May you feel the reflection of that light back upon you and know that warmth is our love in return.

    You know the song I sing each morning to you... my hope is you continue to hear it each day across three states and our hearts smile together in song!

    Our love,
    Linda and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Caroline, How I wish we'd taken you up on your offer and stay at your house during a trip to Disneyland. You so generously offered that numerous times. Glad we still have these other ways to "visit"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you sweet cousin Caroline! I have treasured all of our get togethers, over all the years, but none as much as now. Sometimes sitting in peace & quiet with you, holding your hand, is all that is needed, because you know how much I love you!! Our thoughts, prayers and love are with you & your family every single moment Love, Sharon xxxooo

    ReplyDelete