Sunday, January 8, 2012

Memory Medallion

My Mom would be so happy. We got this letter from the people at Memory Medallion...

Dear Brian,

I hope you had a lovely holiday season!

I am writing today with a request. I'd like to ask if your family might give permission to Memory Medallion to share your mother's Medallion story at the upcoming RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City. We have been asked by Gordon Clarke from FamilySearch to present at the conference and we are also exhibiting. Gordon requested that we provide some demonstration links to true Medallions that might show others ideas and inspiration for their own relatives and ancestors. Your mother's Medallion is so beautiful and was one of our first in the new system, in addition to the fact that we met her at a genealogy conference, so I couldn't help

but think that hers would be meaningful to share.

Here is Brians response:

Our family would be honored if you used our memory medallion story at the RootsTech conference. For such a small device, it has really been a fun connection for our family. It meant so much to her, I even displayed the device in her eulogy; the medallion just represented so well her passion for technology and genealogy. The Family History center in Orange California dedicated an internet learning center to her honor this last year as well. Another testament that my mom was always teaching and sharing with others around her.

I have attached 3 photos of the medallion on the actual headstone which is now in place. I’m not sure you ever saw any of these. It all came out so nice. Good luck with your conference, please let me know if you need any additional information.

From our family to your company, have a wonderful 2012. Thank you for thinking about us. May your line of work forever move forward bringing families and generations together through technology.





No comments:

Post a Comment